Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Radical by David Platt

     A couple of nights ago I finished David Platt's challenging book "Radical."  Last September, our pastor handed out a copy to our church's Honduras missions team that just came back...and it intrigued me.

     Unfortunately, it took me several months to read it. While I enjoyed the book just fine, it took me awhile to get into it. However, as I think about the reasons why, it really had nothing to do with the book but rather, I was just so plain tired all the time.  When I finally decided to sit down and just read it...I couldn't put it down!
      This book challenged me to think just how much I would do for Jesus. Would I give up my earthly possessions? Would I give up my family? Would i give up my spouse or my own life? Would I go in the face of danger in the name of Jesus to spread the Gospel message as we are instructed to do?




As I was reading this book, I highlighted some parts that I thought were "WOW" moments....parts that really made me stop and think. I apologize that I can't give exact locations. I read it on my Kindle.

     ~ Chapter 3...This is how God works, He puts his people in positions where they are desperate for his power, and then He shows His provision in ways that display His greatness.

     ~ Chapter 5...Every saved person this side of heaven owes the gospel to every lost person this side of hell.

    ~Chapter 7...There are no innocent people in the world just waiting to hear the gospel. Instead there are people all over the world standing guilty before a holy God, and that is the very reason they need the gospel.

     Those are just a few selections that I highlighted in this book! I highly recommend this book if you are ready , or if you are not ready, to be shaken up, and radicalized!

No comments:

Post a Comment