Monday, January 24, 2011

A Fresh Start....

     Don't ask me why I needed a new blog. It really isn't going to be any different than the last one outside of a new title and look.  I don't even know exactly what to do with a blog. I think I finally have the look I want after a few hours of work.  I also decided on a new email address and couldn't figure out how to do all of the switching and since my last one wasn't used very much....why not have a new blog?

     A little bit about me, without going overboard: I am a Christian. I do my best to live my life as God would want me to. I spent my early twenties attempting to tell God how I was going to live my life.  I have spent the rest of my adult years trying to do the opposite. I pray very often and over everything!What made me turn my life back towards God?  I will share that around February 27 on a very special day! God has worked amazing things out in my life...and He will yours too, if you let Him!

     I am a wife to my Prince Charming who saved me from so much! Nobody but God could have put us together! He works very hard so that I can stay at home with our five children~ four of which are home educated.  I have one boy, age 11, and four girls that are 10, 6, 4, and 1.  We live on a small 43 acre farm in Southern Illinois next door to my in laws. Yes, I get along with my in laws! lol. I think Michael's father said that our children are the fifth generations on this land.  We are currently in the middle of rehabbing Michael's grandmother's house and hope to be in there shortly. Pray!

     My self personally, I was born in a suburb of Chicago and was raised there until I was nine. Then my dad, mom and I moved to Southeast Iowa and lived in my Great-Grandmother's house who had passed away.  I have wanted to be a lawyer for as long as I could remember...however, God had other plans for my life and that is fine. I enjoy singing, reading, playing my organ and clarinet, history, politics, shopping, flagging, and learning new things! I grew up in a very New Testament church, and I am just now learning Old Testament things! Very cool! I do not like doing dishes or the laundry.

     I really love to do genealogy as well.  My mother's side of the family is complete through 1737 and is traced to England. My ancestors that came to the US, later became Mormons. I did not grow up as a Mormon as my great-grandmother left the church when she married outside of their religion. My biological father's side was from Poland and was Jewish. I have them traced to 1708.  There are many stories that I am uncovering from that side!  My step father (who I will always call dad) is from Watford, Ontario, Canada. His father died when my dad was twelve. Shortly after they moved south to the US with my grandmother. My dad, aunts, and uncle grew up in a place called Mooseheart in Northern Illinois.

     That is my life in a nutshell! Now tell me you didn't want to know all of that!?!  

No comments:

Post a Comment